Sport Premium is funding for primary schools aimed at sustainably improving the provision of physical education and sport in primary schools as well as encouraging the development of healthy, active lifestyles in all children. This year each school will now receive £16,000 plus £10 per pupil. This year our school received £17,505.
Through this funding, pupils at William Levick Primary School are offered a wide range of exciting sporting opportunities throughout the year. We work with SHAPE School Sports Partnership to coordinate a range of competitions and events for our pupils in all year groups,. These include taster events (where children can experience a range of different sports), in-school competitions and out of school competitions, competing against other schools.
The previous year (2019-2020) our School’s Sports Premium Funding has enabled us to do the following:-
- Achieve the Schools Games Gold Mark.
- Provide training for staff to deliver the Real Gym and refresh staff with the delivery of Real PE, which then has helped improve children's fundamental movement skills.
- Train a group of Y5 children through the Bronze Ambassador Programme.
- Train all Y5 pupils to be Mini Leaders, who then regularly organised lunchtime activities for other year groups.
- Attend a wide range of sporting events across all age ranges, ensuring that all pupils within school have had the opportunity to participate. This included reaching the regional finals of the Y5/6 SportsHall Athletics competition.
- Engage in the Bikeability programme.
- Purchase new equipment to increase outside physical activity at breaktimes and lunchtimes
- Purchase iPads to use within PE lessons within school, to allow for personalised learning.
Our sports premium report for 2019-2020 can be downloaded here.