Sport Premium is funding for primary schools aimed at sustainably improving the provision of physical education and sport in primary schools as well as encouraging the development of healthy, active lifestyles in all children. This year each school will now receive £16,000 plus £10 per pupil. This year our school received £17,700
Through this funding, pupils at William Levick Primary School are offered a wide range of exciting sporting opportunities throughout the year. We work with SHAPE School Sports Partnership to coordinate a range of competitions and events for our pupils in all year groups. These include taster events (where children can experience a range of different sports), in-school competitions and out of school competitions, competing against other schools.
Events completed in 2021-2022 are:
|Date||Event||Year Group||Children attended|
|October 2021||Mini-leader training||Y5||30|
|November 2021||Superhero event||Y1/2||60|
|November 2021||Whole school event||Y1- Y6||170|
|January 2022||Space Invasion||Y4||29|
|January 2022||Sports Hall Athletics||Y5/6||18|
|February 2022||Early Rider Basketball||FS||25|
The previous year (2020-2021) our School’s Sports Premium Funding has enabled us to do the following:-
- Ensure all children across the age ranges have had the opportunity to participate in a wide range of sports throughout the year, including outdoor adventure type activities.
- Improve the playground facilities to promote further physical activity during the school day.
- Provide a range of physical activity as home learning (as needed)
- Participate in whole school events, such as dance, multi-sports, racket and cricket festivals.
- Up-skill the new PE lead and also allow staff to work alongside specialised sports coaches.
- All children in KS2 have been given the opportunity to engage in the Bikeability programme.
Our sports premium report for 2020-2021 can be downloaded here.